The land of mas Canto Perdrix has been an agricultural land for centuries. It used to be part of "Caparon Vieux", a much greater agricultural domain, still situated a bit further down of the Roman Aqueduct road. After the French revolution and the end of big land lords, smaller land plots were allotted to local farmers and later on sold and refragmented.
Mas Canto Perdrix has traditionally had olive trees, fruit trees and vegetables along with cattle and horses on its lands.
For its very special assets, Provence has many times been voted the most beautiful region in Europe, with its endless hours of sunshine, its magnificant landscapes, vibrant history and exceptionally diverse flora and fauna.
As a result, the authorities have decided to create several natural regional parcs in the region, all protected by laws, hence tightly restricting agriculture, construction and hunting permits etc.
The property Mas Canto Perdrix is situated in the Alpilles natural regional parc and has carefully been restored the last years by Peter Erikson and Raphael Hage. The property accommodates 10 guests, from Spring 2017 the property accommodates 15 guests. It consists of the main building, three guest houses, a large pool area with a magnificent view along with nearly 3 hectares of gardens, pine and oak woods and a large olive grove. You will find 6 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and two bedrooms with shared bathrooms. The garden provides numerous lounge areas and outdoor eating options.
Its situation provides you with absolute peace and privacy - yet the house is close to villages, local markets and shops. You are 5 minutes from Fontvieille, 10 minutes from Arles, 15 minutes from St Remy-de-Provence, 30 minutes from Avignon and 45 minutes from Aix-en-Provence.
This old olive farm has around 200 olive trees and makes its own olive oil, which can be purchased on site. You will find over 1000 lavender plants, 600 rosemary plants, an orchard which provides fruits 8 months per year, almond trees, tens of perenials and rose bushes and plentiful of flowers all year. Here you can truly enjoy your Vacation Provence!
7 bedrooms/6 bathrooms sleeps 11/15
The property can be rented with two guest houses for up to 10/11 persons, or with three guest houses for up to 14/15 persons.
Ground Floor (RDC) Bedrooms/ Bathroom Layout
- Bedroom 1 - King bed with en-suite bathroom (Shower, sink, WC). A/C.
Second Story (1er étage) Bedrooms/ Bathroom Layout
- Bedroom 2 - Master bedroom, Super King bed, with en-suite bathroom (Shower, tub, sink, WC). Dressing room, A/C.
- Bedroom 3 - King bed with en-suite bathroom (Shower, sink, WC). A/C.
Garden cottage (25 sqm):
- Bedroom 4 - Queen bed with en-suite bathroom (Tub, sink, WC). A/C.
Upper garden cottage (30 sqm):
- Bedroom 5 - Queen bed with en-suite bathroom (Tub, sink, WC). Private large terrace. A/C. Extra bed sofa 140 cm wide.
West garden cottage (50 sqm):
- Bedroom 6 – Queen bed with en-suite bathroom (shower, sink, WC). Private part of the garden. A/C.
- Bedroom 7/kitchen – Queen bed, shared bathroom with bedroom 6. Fully equipped kitchen with dish-washer, oven, fridge/freezer and laundry machine.
- Air conditioning all throughout the house
- Broadband Internet/ WiFi covering all main areas
- Satellite TV, tv´s in the guest houses
- Gym and Sauna
- Fully Equipped Kitchen including dishwasher, freezer, micro-wave, gas stove and electric oven
- Washing Machines
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Hair dryers
- Indoor Dining for 10 people
- Outdoor Dining for 14 people
- English-speaking House Manager
- Baby Crib/ Cot, High Chair if requested
- All linens provided
- Pool towels
- Several spaces for seating and relaxing
- Pool House with Fridge, freezer, kitchenette and Lounge area
- Outdoor Terraces
- Outdoor Dining for 14 People
- Gas BBQ
- Large landscaped garden
- Shaded and Grassy areas
- Ping Pong Table
- Terrain de Boules
- Private Parking
- Panoramic Views
Dimensions/ Depth: 13m x 6m
Security (Fence, Alarm): Alarm no fence
Heated: Heated pool
Note: The vast pool area overlooks the property and the beautiful gardens; it has fantastic views on the Alpilles mountains and the Crau plain.
A shallow narrow canal for irrigation (water 20-30 cm deep) flows through the property.
End of stay cleaning as well as 3 hours of cleaning twice per week are included in the rental fees. More maid hours possible if requested. Linens changed weekly unless agreed otherwise.